Download the Files
- Download the latest zipped files of the Broadcast Package
- Download OBS Studio https://obsproject.com/
Set up Files
- Extract the “Broadcast” folder directly into your base level of the drive of your choice, and note the drive must be C:/, D:/, E:/, or F:/
- Rename the name of the folder to “Broadcast” if not already
- Open OBS and navigate to SCENE COLLECTION >> IMPORT then select the .json file that corresponds to the letter of your drive where the “Broadcast” folder lies
- Unzip the “source-sans-pro” folder within the zipped broadcast folder and install the font
- Select the profile from the SCENE COLLECTION dropdown. You should now see the scenes listed.
- In order to get Scoreboard Tool’s replay saving ability to function, the recording path must be [Drive Lettter]:\Broadcast\Scoreboard\Replay\
- If there are any issues, discuss in #tools-n-tech in the discord
- Confirm the scenes look correct as you cycle through them in OBS
- Navigate to the “Broadcast” folder >> “Scoreboard” >> OW_Scoreboard_Tool and run this .exe
- Fill in placeholder team and match information, check off “current” and click “update”
- Verify this has changed the information on the scenes in the OBS scenes
- Verfiy OBS settings to the slides below
Google Slides Link, also below
Starting from Zero?
- If you’ve never used the spectator client in Overwatch, you should watch the Producer and Observer Foundations Workshop here. It’s our crash course for the observing controls.
- Just looking to hone in on your controls in-game? Check out the Observer Settings and Controls Video
- Navigate to the Game Browser in Overwatch and practice spectating any custom game
- Record / stream and save the VOD of your ability to use the different scenes and change information on the In Game, Map Pool, Current Score scenes
- For bonus, get your webcam configured on the TrioCam scene
- Send a VOD of your casting to the #looking-for-feedback in the Broadcast.gg Discord with any questions you have
- Contact @MooshuBeef in the Discord if your VOD isn’t reviewed within 5 days
Jump into Scrim Nights
- Once your VOD is reviewed you’ll receive a special role in the Discord where you can post your availability and be paired with casters and a host for high level scrims!